The choir rules have been amended to reflect changes following the pandemic. A copy has been emailed to all members who are urged to familiarise themselves with them. The rules can also be found here.
Please remember to sign in at each rehearsal. If you are attending on Zoom, please let Joy know or put a Z against the relevant rehearsal date the next time you attend rehearsal in person. Please also ensure you have indicated whether or not you will be singing in the concert on 20 May.
Annual brochures are available at rehearsals for members to take and hand to friends, family, and businesses who display leaflets. Help us to get word around about concerts for the year and encourage people to join us to sing or in the audience.
A reminder that subscriptions for the year are now due. They are the same as last year, £110.00. Please speak to our new Treasurer, Ian Thomas, if you need details of how to pay, etc.
If you haven't completed a membership form yet this season, please ask Joy Black, our Membership Secretary, for a form and return the completed form to her as soon as possible. It’s important we have your contact details and it will help ensure everyone gets information sent out by email. If you're not sure whether you've completed a form this season, check the rehearsal signing-in register. A black dot beside your name indicates that you have.
Concert Programmes Advertising
To help cover the cost of printing concert programmes we need more advertisers. Please let Mary Whitehouse or Alice Osmond know if you know of any businesses who might like to support us in this way and get their business in front of our members and audience.
Making Music are offering the opportunity to use their Platform, which is time-saving management software. It would provide everything we need to organise our group in one place. However they advise that to implement this we ideally need one person to project-manage the implementation. There is a lot of support available to do this but no one on the committee felt they have the skills to take on the implementation. We are appealing to members who may have this sort of skill to let us know if they can help – or perhaps you know someone who could?
This year's AGM took place in St Edmunds Hall on Tuesday 13 September. Click on the links below to see the AGM Notice, agenda and annual reports / accounts.
The rehearsal starts at 7.30 pm but the link will be open from 7.15 pm. You will be sent a link to join the rehearsal but you may find the following points useful:
- For the best experience, use a laptop or pc which has a camera and a microphone. You can also use a tablet but the experience isn’t quite as good as it is with a laptop.
- Locate yourself in a quiet part of the house where you are unlikely to be disturbed or distracted. If there is a strong light source it should be in front of you rather than behind you.
- Use headphones/earphones if you have them. These enable you to hear instructions and music more clearly than if you rely on the computer’s inbuilt speakers.
- It is possible to join the meeting via a telephone link. You will be able to hear everything but the experience will be poorer than on a computer.
If you are unfamiliar with Zoom, you may wish to watch one of the many tutorials for beginners available on YouTube. You can access these by typing “Zoom for beginners” into your internet browser search box.
- You do not need to sign up to Zoom or create an account to join the rehearsal
- You do not need to pay anything
- You may be asked to download Zoom onto your computer after you click on the link. This is completely normal and will give you a better experience than using the browser version of Zoom.
- If the download doesn’t work you can click on a link to open Zoom in your browser.
- The rehearsal will be “muted “ automatically for everyone except Jonathan and Penny. No one will hear you sing other than yourself!
- If you wish to communicate with anyone during the rehearsal you can use the CHAT function on the Zoom taskbar. You should use this to raise any queries about your part with Jonathan or Penny.
Practice files and Useful Recordings
To help with "note-bashing" and general practice between rehearsals, you can find links to online practice files and recordings of the works we will be performing by clicking on the Practice Files and Useful Recordings buttons at the bottom of this webpage. You can also find details of the items practised at each rehearsal by clicking on the Rehearsal Schedule button at the bottom of this webpage.