The rehearsal starts at 07.45 pm but the link will be open from 7.15 pm. You will be sent a link to join the rehearsal but you may find the following points useful:
- For the best experience, use a laptop or pc which has a camera and a microphone. You can also use a tablet but the experience isn’t quite as good as it is with a laptop.
- Locate yourself in a quiet part of the house where you are unlikely to be disturbed or distracted. If there is a strong light source it should be in front of you rather than behind you.
- Use headphones/earphones if you have them. These enable you to hear instructions and music more clearly than if you rely on the computer’s inbuilt speakers.
- It is possible to join the meeting via a telephone link. You will be able to hear everything but the experience will be poorer than on a computer.
- You do not need to sign up to Zoom or create an account to join the rehearsal
- You do not need to pay anything
- You may be asked to download Zoom onto your computer after you click on the link. This is completely normal and will give you a better experience than using the browser version of Zoom.
- If the download doesn’t work you can click on a link to open Zoom in your browser.
- The rehearsal will be “muted “ automatically for everyone except Jonathan and Penny. No one will hear you sing other than yourself!
- If you wish to communicate with anyone during the rehearsal you can use the CHAT function on the Zoom taskbar. You should use this to raise any queries about your part with Jonathan or Penny.
If you are unfamiliar with Zoom, you may wish to watch one of the many tutorials for beginners available on YouTube. You can access these by typing “Zoom for beginners” into your internet browser search box.