Rehearsal 21 January 2020
Please note that the venue for next week's rehearsal will be St Edmunds Hall, College Road, Malvern. The start time will be 7.30 pm as usual.
Dates and venues for all rehearsals in the 2019/20 season can be found by clicking on the green Rehearsals Dates button at the top and bottom of this webpage.
March Concert in Worcester Cathedral
- We’ll need 6 people to help on the doors at the Cathedral. To greet people, sell tickets, and hand out tickets which have been booked and paid for for collection on the door. Please let a member of the Committee know if you have a partner, family member, friend who would be willing to help, or are perhaps a member who won’t be singing but would like to help.
- Following suggestions put forward at the AGM about concert dress, the Committee have decided that dress for formal concerts (such as that on 14 March) should be as follows: men, open-necked black shirts with DJs. Ladies, black 3/4 to full-length sleeved black tops with black trousers or long skirt. As no scarves will be worn, the top can be collarless.
- Concert posters and leaflets are now available. Please let Catherine Oliver know where you are distributing them and also if you have any suggestions for where they could be put, even if you are unable to put them there yourself.
- Richard Rosoman will be selling concert tickets in the interval at each rehearsal. Tickets £20 (front nave), £15 rear nave, age 16 and under free with paying adult. Demand is likely to be high so get yours booked early.
- Please ensure that you sign the register each week and also indicate ASAP your intention to take part in the concert and afternoon rehearsal as a seating plan will need to be prepared.
Centenary celebrations June/July 2020
- There will be a drinks reception following the concert on 27 June 2020. NB The concert starts at 6.00 pm. The reception will be from around 8.30 pm and we hope that our visiting conductors will join us.
- We are considering a celebratory dinner on the weekend following the concert. The current proposal is that this would be at Malvern College and would cost in the region of £35-£40 per head including drinks. In order to gauge interest amongst members there will be a secret ballot at next week’s rehearsal (21 January). We appreciate that the date and cost may be factors.
Any new member who hasn’t yet filled in a membership form, please see Joy Black for a form and let her have a completed one ASAP. It’s important we have your contact details and it will help ensure everyone gets information sent out by email.